Its baseball season!!! At our house, we live for opening day. I’ve been a Rangers fan since they moved to Texas. My best memories in the summer are my parents packing a cooler and taking my younger brother & I to games. We sat in the bleachers, ate our sandwiches and during the 7th inning stretch, we always got a Pink Thing. Pink Things are the most disgusting frozen yogurt thing in the world but when I was kid, it was heaven.
As you can tell, we are a two team household. My hubby is from the Houston area, so he is an Astros fan, true and true. We’ve even been to Minute Maid Park and caught a game. For me, baseball signifies a couple of things that I have listed below:
1. Spring and the promise of new growth.
2. Not being cooped up in the house anymore.
3. Men in tight pants.
4. Men playing a sport that is a very simple game. It’s not a complicated game. Think about it.
5. It’s a sport that you can take your whole family to see and no one gripes.
6. What’s better than sitting outside, getting some sun on your ghost white legs and drinking a beer?
7. As a Rangers fan, its time to hate the Yankees again. It’s a tradition.
8. Major League…Rick Vaughn and the Wild Thing. 🙂
9. Bull Durham…”Isn’t that a little extreme for the Carolina League?”
10. Kevin Costner….enough said. The bedroom/bathroom/kitchen scenes in Bull Durham. Beyond hot….
I know that some of y’all are laughing or maybe even agreeing with me at this point. But for this baseball fanatic, today, Friday, April 6th, Opening Day for the Rangers couldn’t come any sooner.
I couldn’t help it. I found the Bull Durham trailer and try to disagree with me on Kevin Costner. I dare you. Watch it until the end. 🙂